Monday, March 7, 2011

Curious titmouse

As I was working at the sink, a tufted titmouse was watching from the camellia bush outside the window. It hopped around to get a better look at me. Unfortunately, there's a screen on that window, so no photo.

The sun has returned and grebe and a cormorant were on the creek, and a chickadee on the feeder. Later, the creek was visited by pelicans and a kingfisher, as well as gulls, ducks and geese. At dusk a black and white bird bigger than the Canada geese paddled upstream. A part-Muscovy duck?

The snowbells are beginning to bloom. We inherited them with the yard and I've never been able to nail down their proper name, but Googling "snowbells" brings up the right images.

1 comment:

  1. The "snowbells" are called "summer snowflake" or Leucojum on a list of invasive plants. Well, I knew they spread too much, but not that they need eradication. and I certainly don't understand the summer part!

    ReplyDelete