Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A rare June day

Lovely and breezy, but ominous clouds are piling up in the southwest. Full moon and high tide.

Now the sky has cleared and the feeder drama continues with cardinals, house finches, chickadees and titmice. Here's a photo from yesterday of the cardinal hovering to pick something from the parsley. I think this may be a juvenile male.

Somebody's blue-eyed husky galloped through the yard, planted its muddy paws on me and then defecated in the mulch. I harangued it about "Home," to little effect. Grrrrr.

Toward evening, the rabbit lolloped around the pool and I also glimpsed the baby bunny. Something was crunching under the mulch next to the patio but I couldn't see what, probably a mole or vole. A small flock of grackles stopped by, but were more wary of me moving inside the house than most other birds are. Then, a goldfinch pair came to feed! What a lovely dessert for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment