Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Glad to be back!

A beautiful day greeted me, literally, as I didn't get home till after midnight.  It was bright outside but I didn't actually see the full moon - I was in a hurry to go to bed. 

In the morning, finches and cardinals visited the seed feeder and a yellow rump was on the suet.  White throats were everywhere including both feeders.  Thin ice covered much of the creek but geese landing on it broke through and they had to wallow their way to open water.  A couple of squirrels eventually showed up and one was persistent in testing the feeder.

At lunch a pelican flew around and a raptor of some variety followed it upstream.  The creek had melted by then. 

In the late afternoon, the sun slid behind a smeared glaze of clouds in the West.  They weren't thick enough to block the sun but I suspect they mean rain. 


No comments:

Post a Comment