Sunday, November 19, 2023

Oriole!

Crows loitered in the trees.  After breakfast, I discovered a male Baltimore oriole sitting on the patio outside the door.  It looked like it might have hit the glass but I didn't hear anything.  It flew off, then I hustled some grape jelly out for it.  But I did not see it again. 

The Japanese maple next door glowed in the sun.  My red maple lost most of its leaves.  One oak was bronze but the other was still green.  The sweet gum was crimson.  There were still flowers on the lantana.  

In the afternoon I noticed a chickadee and the female downy playing statues.  I don't know what they were hiding from but eventually they relaxed and got on with their business.   In the background, the creek reflected the sunlit bank. 

At sunset, I finally saw the moon.  It was slightly less than first quarter but washed out except for the terminator.  This time of year it's too low in the sky to see from the back yard so I was out front.  


No comments:

Post a Comment