Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Still warm, clouding up

Squirrels were busy on the patio. The honeybees are still working on the rosemary. I am so glad to see them return and to be able to feed them. I wonder where their hive is? A very tiny wasp was also on a rosemary flower bigger than itself.

Just when I think the stinkhorns are finished another pops up. And another part of the mulch is growing very tiny brown cups. I cannot be sure if they are fungi or lichens as both have cup forms. Some of these have a seal over the cup which makes me suspect they are a kind of puffball.

Morning glories, camellias and the rosemary are blooming, plus the confused forsythia. The oak in front is gorgeous in red and orange, but the sweet gum looks more yellow than in other years. The wind in the trees rustles loudly, and there are no reflections on the creek today. The fig has lost all its leaves and one, caught on a dogwood branch, looked very spooky. The indoor orchid from last Valentine's Day is now blooming again - not by my green thumb!

No comments:

Post a Comment