Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Soft overcast, rain & sun

I left at dawn. The sun was visible but overhead was a soft gray. A mockingbird greeted me. It rained while I was inside and now, late morning, the overcast has broken into distinct clouds.

I haven't seen the mergansers for a while. The last time I noted them was March 10. A year ago it was March 11. So I assume they have migrated. Juncos were here through the 29th of March last year so I may still see them.

We ate lunch outside to get away from the paint. A pair of bluebirds landed on the dock light. Violets are blooming as is the poet's narcissus and the coral honeysuckle. The azaleas have opened. A cabbage butterfly flitted all around - I think it was laying eggs. Then a sulfur butterfly flew across the creek. I think I saw a big orange hornet too.

Now it is raining again.

That's over but enough clouds are hanging around to make sunset dramatic. Nope, I guessed wrong. The clouds coalesced into a wall with blue sky to the North. Then about sundown rain started again.

No comments:

Post a Comment