Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Sun's back

The sky is clear for now with a cold breeze.  In the bushes, I saw a tiny patch of white moving, maybe the underside of a leaf?  Then suddenly with more movement a chickadee materialized around its cheek.  Interesting visual illusion.  Three doves showed up early.  I could hear a female cardinal which finally came out from under the vegetation and flew up to the feeder. 

A bank of clouds moved up from the South around 8am.  When I returned at noon, they had broken up.  Some kind of raptor was circling near Mt. Trashmore.  My best guess is a juvenile eagle.

The sky really cleared late in the day but it stayed cold.  Juncos stayed busy under the feeder.  A pelican flew downstream.  I was afraid the wind would strip the trees but so far most are blazing yellow and red.  


No comments:

Post a Comment