Thursday, November 8, 2012

Waiting for sunshine

Cardinals and chickadees and a titmouse on the feeder and a sparrow in the mulch. Sunshine is visible thought the sky to the North is gray.  The nuthatch reappeared and joined a cardinal on the feeder.

The sky cleared all but some thin clouds like eraser smudges.  I went out on the dock and got cut off by the rising tide.  We're just past third quarter so I don't know why the tide is so high.  It is windy, but switching direction constantly, though that may be because of the trees lining the creek.

But while I was out there, I saw a great blue heron, kingfishers, many Canada geese, two female mergansers, and many cormorants.  The water is all dusty from the blowing seeds. 

No sooner had I waded back and climbed up to the house than a whole flock of cormorants came diving and splashing upstream, around and even under the dock.  

No comments:

Post a Comment