Thursday, February 28, 2013

Another pretty morning didn't last

Juncos, white throated sparrows and chickadees were joined early by squirrels.  Cotton puff clouds dispersed early, but after a blue sky, more clouds rolled in.  Pelicans and a bald eagle fished.

The feeder was empty again - maybe the robber got more than I thought. K refilled it at sunset.  I saw two mockingbirds having a dispute in a parking lot but they broke off when I stopped and raised the camera.  (after regretting it yesterday, I took the camera along today.)  Maple trees are showing red flowers.  I spotted crows flying toward the 64 intersection.

The whole afternoon was overcast until late when the sun lit up the West and eventually broke through to highlight the trees opposite.  Cormorants commuted home.  Note the dangling broken limb I'll have to find someone to deal with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment