Friday, December 20, 2013

Cloudy but warm

There is a breeze and the sun is muted by a veil of stratus cloud haze but it is very mild.  The bees are busy on the camellia.  Chickadees have been to the feeder and I glimpsed a white throat and a wren.  Cormorants, hooded mergansers, and a male bufflehead have passed by on the creek and a pelican and a heron flew past.

I put peanut bits out for the wren but the squirrel scarfed them up.  Nothing touched the sesame seeds off yesterday's bagel.  The haze must have been ice crystals because I saw several sundogs.  

When I returned in the late afternoon, pelicans and gulls were fishing, but every photo is out of focus..  I put out a few more peanuts and this time a white throat got them.  At twilight,  a male towhee came to kick mulch while cardinals got their evening meal and sparrows scurried. Multitudes of cormorants and quite a few egrets commuted home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment