Sunday, January 26, 2020

Lovely weather

I was in virtual meetings morning and afternoon, but at breakfast I saw blue sky with wispy clouds and placid water reflecting sunlit trees.  The yellow rumped warbler continued to defend the suet from any bird it could intimidate.  That did not include the downy woodpeckers who also believe the suet belongs to them.  

A gray squirrel sunbathed on the pool cover.  White throated sparrows poked around in the mulch.  Leaves from bulbs were popping up through the pine bark and I found a couple of daffodils blooming.  I thought I glimpsed an osprey flying upstream.  The clouds got thicker and darker after lunch.  I went outside and tried to be inconspicuous, but the woodpeckers and a Carolina wren were not convinced.  A turtle also came up for some sun.  A pied bill grebe swam upstream, mostly under water. 


No comments:

Post a Comment