Saturday, January 25, 2020

Wet morning

The bully butterbutt actually chased a female oriole twice its size.  On the other hand, the Carolina wrens and downy woodpeckers just ignored the greedy warbler.  But the titmice were  somewhat intimidated. 

I put out a fresh cup of bark butter and dumped the rainwater out of the barkbutter balls dish.  But I didn't put any more in the dish because rain still threatened. White throated sparrows foraged in the wet mulch. 

The sky began to clear before noon and the afternoon sun was reflected in the pooled water on the streets.  Drips spangled the rue which put out a small flower cluster.  Just as I was leaving, the red bellied woodpecker took a turn at the suet.  I was gone from late morning to late afternoon.  And I didn't see any wildlife when I got home in the hour before twilight.


No comments:

Post a Comment