Thursday, October 14, 2021

Warm sun

More morning reflections under a warm sun.  After lunch a female cardinal stuffed herself with seeds but never lowered her crest.  I couldn't tell if she was alarmed or if her feathers just got stuck in the UP position.  I haven't seen any Fall migrants thus far

The breeze sent leaves fluttering down, each of which looked briefly like a bird.  A grasshopper, I think, glittered in the sunlight as it flew across my view and disappeared somewhere in the vicinity of a dogwood.  Wasps were active though they had given up on the mountain mint.  Yellow jackets were among them.  Lots of butterfly milkweed seeds were nearly ready to float away.  I think they were waiting for lower humidity. 

After dark the first quarter moon was bright despite some haze and a couple of contrails.  Jupiter was trailing the moon.  I really need to use a tripod after dark.  



No comments:

Post a Comment