Sunday, January 9, 2022

Warm & windy

There were lots of birds at breakfast but I didn't have the camera handy.  From memory, I saw at least three blue jays, a brown thrasher, a female oriole, and I think warblers and sparrows and woodpeckers.  They polished off the barkbutter balls and the little tub of barkbutter, so I put out a fresh tub.  I realized that I was going through the barkbutter balls too fast.  

I picked up the glass vase in which I'd been trying to root an azalea twig, and the glass fell to pieces.  I should have brought it inside days ago because it had a narrow neck and the freezing water had nowhere to go.  

After a cold start, the temperature rose into the 60s, but the wind that brought the warmth brought clouds as well, so it didn't feel so warm.  Still, between the wind and the temperature, no birds visited the feeders at lunch time.  I glimpsed a few hooded mergansers fishing their way upstream.  

 


No comments:

Post a Comment