Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Damp

Some light rain fell in the morning so I don't understand why a storm sewer across the creek fountained like Old Faithful.  We're on a different set of pipes so it didn't affect us and it didn't last very long.  In fact, it's odd that I was in the right place at the right time to see it.  The rain had ended and it was quite warm so I was outside with the dog. 

I was also in the right place at the right time to see a monarch butterfly that I think was freshly emerged.  It was pumping its wings which they do to fully expand them.  and when it flew, it fluttered weakly before dropping down a few feet further away from me.  I hope it's not to late for the journey South. 

A kingfisher flew downstream and out of sight though I may have heard it later.  A great blue heron preened as it stood on one foot on a post.  A turtle watched ducks on the lake log.  There were brief glimmers of sunlight in the afternoon and a fiery sunset.  


No comments:

Post a Comment