Friday, November 11, 2022

Waterfowl

I saw very little for the last two days. The wind and the tide were still high on the 9th. The camera cooperated for once and caught a falling leaf.  The next day I found a pincushion moss that raised hair-like spore stalks. 

In the wet, gray morning today, a flock of birds darted among the trees but I couldn't make them out.  Finally a bluebird landed on the post.   I almost missed it.  The female downy was back at the suet.  Then the rain returned. Even after it stopped, the air was very humid and quite warm. 

A little sun leaked through the overcast mid afternoon.  A great blue heron on the dock had its back to me as it watched the water.  Then I spotted a little pied bill grebe.  A couple of mallards made a commotion.  The female kingfisher perched on the downstream dock but the camera blurred all my photos by focusing on the water instead of the bird. 

After my online meeting, I saw a flock of cormorants flying around as though something had startled them.  But the Canada geese on the ground didn't seem concerned.  Nor did the great egret perched on the lake log. 






No comments:

Post a Comment