Monday, July 9, 2012

A bit cooler

Hopeful geese tried to visit.  The hummer and the seed feeders showed up and the wrens continue busy with their offspring. 

I was gone till lunch.  Then, as I peeled money plant seeds, gold finches visited the lavender.  A chickadee ate ants out of the hummer feeder.  A Carolina wren scouted on the ground and the house wrens kept up the stream of bugs to the birdhouse.

An adult skink nonchalantly sunned itself on the wall under the bird feeders.  A male widow skimmer took up guard on the perching pole.  A tiger swallowtail investigated the cherry tree.  There were quite a few spiders on the money plant seeds.  And when I tried to work outside, I got bit again.  I wish the wrens would catch the flies.  Or the dragonflies could - I'm not picky! 

Thunder is rumbling now.  We could certainly use some rain.  Undoubtedly the promise of rain is what has brought the green head flies up to the patio. 

No comments:

Post a Comment