Friday, July 27, 2012

"Scorcher" the paper says

And I have to be outdoors.  A cardinal visited the refilled feeder.  A dragonfly has been banging on the window. When I came in from picking blueberries, I discovered a tiny green lynx spider on my bucket.  I have transferred it to the portulaca pot.  It is about this big: ()  The blue pointer is the bottom of one of the ice cream cones decorating the bucket. 

It was very hot at the community fair.  Dragonflies and laughing gulls had a good time while humans sweated.  The closest weather station to home says it's 105°.  But the one for the park where I was registering voters says only 96°.  Thankfully, there was a breeze. 

Clouds came up in the late afternoon and there was quite a downpour with a lot of wind.   

No comments:

Post a Comment