Sunday, September 16, 2012

Lots of birds

A mockingbird flew into the beauty berry.  A blue jay went to the oak tree.  A brown thrasher enjoyed the sun on the roof.  Under the feeder, a dove tried to outface a squirrel by raising its wings.  Didn't work.  Another squirrel went for dogwood berries.  A hungry hummer hit the sugar water and the morning glories.  Chickadees started on the seed feeder early.  Then the fledgling cardinal showed that it has learned what the feeder is for.  House finches arrived with at least one fledgling still crying to be fed.

Cloud cover is moving in from the West.  These pressure waves are parallel to the direction of movement, not perpendicular like wrinkles when you push on a cloth.

Maxine the husky came by and tried to drench me.  A dove foraged close enough to me that I could hear its throaty purr-like noises.  A red-spotted purple butterfly checked out the morning glories, but they'd already closed up.

The creek is smooth and reflective under the gray sky.   Around 4pm, ripples in the pool led me to rescue a cicada.   Then a light rain began and made more ripples.  Six jets flew past in formation so I guess there must be an airshow today.  I saw one or two on a couple of days this past week.  Not my kind of bird. 


No comments:

Post a Comment