Thursday, October 11, 2012

Lots of early birds

A great blue heron flew upwind and twenty geese passed over headed North.  On the feeder first was a Carolina wren, then chickadees, titmice, and cardinals, and finally finches.  The sun is making beautiful reflections on the creek, but it is windy and only 60. I think the angle of the sun has more effect on creek reflections than the wind.

The angle of light also changes the colors on a red spotted purple butterfly.  This one was visiting the cherry in spite of the wind.  Look at how blue one side appears.  In other light the same area is purple or brown.  I think this has become my favorite butterfly because it seems to like being photographed and because it looks so different at different times. 

Bees are busy on the rosemary.  I don't see the spider I posted yesterday.  A cloudless sunset. 

No comments:

Post a Comment