Friday, October 5, 2012

Sunshine

Blue jays are coming for acorns.  Three doves foraged while chickadees and cardinals ate at the feeder. The plethora of nuts and berries is cutting into the popularity of the feeder.  I saw a red bellied woodpecker and a smaller one - downy or hairy - in the oak and I believe they were eating acorns.  Cardinals and mocking birds are eating dogwood and beauty berries.  I think there are migratory birds around too as I hear some unfamiliar calls.  A red spotted purple butterfly visited the cherry seedlings.

This may have been my last swim of the year.  It was cooler today than predicted and I'm pretty chilled.   I rescued innumerable black beetles and several spiders, one of which clung unexpectedly to my hand.  The pool had a lot of whole acorns as well as chewed shells.  And many rafting leaves.   

No comments:

Post a Comment