Friday, December 28, 2012

Quiet

The creek is smooth and the trees are still.  Soft cumulus blend without edges into blue sky,  The feeder needs to be refilled.  A cardinal and a chickadee poked at it without much luck.  Juncos are more successful on the ground beneath.  Several buzzards circled over the creek, why I don't know.  I hear crows.

Pelicans and ducks at lunch, both mallards and buffleheads.  Then the crows started diving at the top of one of the pines till they eventually drove out a hawk.  I wonder if the crows o it for fun or as a way of showing off to potential mates? 

The clouds got more defined later in the day, but just when I hoped for a colorful sunset, they all blew away East leaving a haze that obscured the light.  I refilled the feeder but only one chickadee has noticed.  A bufflehead led a flotilla of geese downstream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment