Friday, April 19, 2013

Wind and rain

Things were moist this morning, whether from rain or dew, but at 9am rain began in earnest.  Before that, finches, sparrows, and wrens were all I saw.  I suspect the feeder needs a refill.  According to the paper the rain was supposed to come tomorrow.  A cold front has been moving East, pivoting on a low pressure center around Chicago.  The warm front has swung North ahead of it.

The sky cleared somewhat in the West, then clouded again. The wind has been fierce, keeping most birds out of the air.  A Carolina wren sang its heart out in the front yard on a dogwood over the azaleas.  Blueberries are blooming but I don't see as many blossoms as last year.  I refilled the feeder which lured a few chickadees.  I also planted some flower seeds in anticipation of rain tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment