Thursday, July 4, 2013

Another sauna

I squeegeed the windows only to find that the feeder is empty.  Birds have come and left in disgust - titmice and the usuals.  The birdhouse wren is hard at work.  There are lots of clouds and some are dark, but they are soft, not hard-edged thunderheads. 

As the day progressed, the humidity dropped some so it was hot but comfortable.  We didn't get the feeder refilled till lunch and there hasn't been much business at the sunflower cafe.  We picked huge blueberries swollen with rain.  The beauty berry is beginning to bloom and there are two red buds on the hibiscus.  Something is eating the hibiscus leaves - I saw a little caterpillar but also Japanese beetles.  Lots of June beetles were in the pool, both the smaller brown and the larger green scarabs.  Also a variety of spiders.  A greenhead attacked me.  This has been a bumper year for millipedes.  I see inch long brown ones everywhere indoors and out.  I heard some cicada noise.  I did not get any exciting photos despite the beauty of the holiday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment