Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Sunshine!

The tides were still much higher than normal for a third quarter moon.  And a stiff wind roared out of the North so even in the sun it was chilly.  People were fishing in the dam outfall that was covered with water and egrets yesterday.

A titmouse and a couple of Carolina wrens joined the regular feeder birds.  A male house finch tried to intimidate a wren but the wren wasn't having that.  The finch had conjunctivitis so I'll have to disinfect the feeder. Three or four doves hung around on the ground.  I heard outraged squawks from the oak but never saw who made them.

A big orb web hung from the dogwood where I had the birdhouse.  At lunch time I saw a big green insect fly across the yard.  It looked like some kind of grasshopper or katydid.  As we drove around on errands I saw several mushroom fairy rings.  There were dramatic clouds at times, but the sun set in a clear Western sky. 


No comments:

Post a Comment