Saturday, November 17, 2018

I hate shopping

I wasted far too much of a beautiful day inside stores. It was cold, but got just warm enough in the afternoon for yellow jackets to visit the camellia blossoms. There were more clouds than predicted, but the day was mostly sunny.  The creek was a mirror when I got up, but soon it got rough.  Hoodies showed up about then.  White throats scampered over the pool cover.  A blue jay visited the beauty berries.  A mama squirrel posed koala-style on a trunk.

At lunch time, a half dozen doves occupied the yard, along with squirrels.  A downy played peekaboo with me on the suet.  Lots of mushrooms popped up after the soaking two days ago.

After my second shopping excursion, I walked around the front yard to close the gate,  A handful of egrets flew over, catching the sunset light.  I only got the last to pass, fumbling with the camera.  The mahonia and the fatsia were blooming which might help some hungry bugs.  I couldn't resist a couple more moon shots.


No comments:

Post a Comment