Thursday, November 1, 2018

Windy

Finally I remembered to look for the moon while it was still overhead.  The sky was hazy and grew more so during the day.  A spider lurked on the threshold.

I finally got back outside in the late afternoon.  When I moved a chair, a monarch butterfly fluttered out from behind it.  I suspect it pupated in the azalea behind the chair.  The wind gave it a rough time.  I finally got it to let me move it to the scarlet climber where there were flowers if it needed to feed.  When I looked an hour later, it was gone.

There was a hatching of flying ants.  Something spun a silk nest in the money plant pods which kept me from removing the seeds.  A leaf footed bug peered in though the window.

The beauty berries were beginning to lose the brilliant magenta and turn a rusty red.  Only a few berries hung from the hackberry beyond the pool, unlike the one outside my window.  But that offers critters three flavors - hackberry, beauty berry, and dogwood.  There were far more trees turning yellow than red.


No comments:

Post a Comment