Thursday, November 15, 2018

Nasty weather

Cold rain and gusty wind under a gray sky sent the tide higher than the moon phase warranted.  While I was eating breakfast, I saw a pelican on the creek. It left and did not return.  Chickadees and cardinals made occasional forays while I cooked.

As we ate lunch, the oriole reappeared.  Of course by then the grape jelly had plopped into the soup the rain had made of the bark butter balls.  And I couldn't get a picture between the rain streaks on the window and the bird's fast flits through the foliage.  I did take pictures of a soggy white throated sparrow.  

The temperature grudgingly climbed during the day and the rain stopped after dark.  There was "ponding" on the roads and the parking lot at the rec center was badly flooded. 


No comments:

Post a Comment