Thursday, November 28, 2019

Windy sunset

Mallards disturbed the creek's surface at breakfast.  Downy woodpeckers were back for more suet. The regulars had seeds and white throats picked up what they could find.   Leaves continued to fall and even the oak turned color. 

We celebrated the day with a sort of paella which was delicious.  Afterward, a Baltimore oriole helped himself to bark butter balls.  The wind got fierce about the time we started work repotting the vines on the front patio trellis.  I thought that would be a sheltered nook, but it was very chilly.  Thanks to K, we got it done before sunset.  I hope they survive.

Cormorants flapped madly to get home against the wind.  I thought I saw a pelican but I'm not sure.  So I went down to the dock to see if anything else would fly over.  Canada geese and mallards were out on the water but I didn't see any birds flying.  The sunset was so spectacular I forgot everything else.  And it was very cold. 

No comments:

Post a Comment