Saturday, October 24, 2020

Summery

A Carolina wren breakfasted with us but the rude thing had its back to me and I got mostly moon shots.  While the light was rather low then, by mid morning the sun was fierce.   A few wispy clouds may have been fragments of contrails. 

A blue jay went after beautyberries, which were still in the shade.  A great blue heron on the dock was obscured by vegetation.  The dock was also full of mallards.  A field cricket wedged itself between two logs when it saw me.  I only saw a couple of turtles basking though the temperature climbed into the low 80s. 

I finally replaced the hummer feeder with a suet feeder.  By late afternoon the sky was full of big, low-hanging cumulus clouds that prevented me locating the first quarter moon.  They were still there after dark.  



No comments:

Post a Comment