Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Southwest wind

It was warm and sunny but the wind was harsh.  I spent time outside after lunch.  A pair of buffleheads dived for their lunch.  A great black back gull pecked at a floating, presumably dead, fish.  This attracted a pelican but I guess the fish was too far gone for its taste.  At least seven turtles basked on the lake logs.  The juvenile eagle flew circles overhead until the crows caught up. 

A female red bellied woodpecker hitched around the trunk of the oak, probably hoping I would go away.  A male yellow bellied sapsucker tried to get nourishment from the oak. Blue jays sneaked past me as though I was guarding the barkbutter balls.  Starlings watched me but stayed away from the suet.  I saw bluebirds and warblers up in the trees but they didn't venture close.  Then I had to go in and start Zooming.  


No comments:

Post a Comment