Monday, October 9, 2023

Two days

Ooops, Sunday slipped away.  It dawned with lovely reflections.  A mockingbird escaped the camera but a Carolina wren posed.  Passing clouds didn't stop the sunshine.  But I didn't take many pictures.  

Monday also began with a placid creek mirroring the far bank.  Blue jays visited early.  I went outside in the late morning but I guess I was too late for the moon.  The giant fungus, as best I could tell is a polypore.  It was still a little soft and bendable but I couldn't see underneath.  I couldn't feel anything like gills or teeth so the most likely spore-producing surface would be pores.  The red aster and the beautyberries were both magenta but the canna was more orange.  Another saltbush toppled over. 

There was a commotion in the grass but I only got a brown blur.  I think two birds were fighting.  One flew into the dogwood and began to sing.  I thought it was some exotic warbler but the photos convinced me it was a Carolina wren.  The tail would have been a giveaway had it not been hidden by a leaf.  

I checked out the venusta orchard spider without a window between us.  It glowed like sun shining through glass.  This time I noticed the small loops of silk in the hub where the spider waits.  


No comments:

Post a Comment