Friday, January 26, 2024

Really warm!

Everything was wet this morning, but whether there was rain overnight or just heavy dew, I could not tell.  The temperature was in the 60s at breakfast and the 70s at lunch.  The overcast broke apart in the afternoon and we got some sun.  The female pileated woodpecker came for breakfast.  

A clementine had started to rot so I put some of the un-rotten part in the dish with the jelly. Three female orioles came for that.  There's a definite pecking order among them, the darkest orange goes first.  The orange crowned warbler only wanted jelly.  A very dark myrtle warbler poked in the mulch.  Maybe it was wet?  Today, I was ready and caught the red bellied woodpecker.  

I saw pelicans, including on that crashed into the water in front of us at lunch, but no photos.  A great blue heron perched where the pelican was yesterday.  I counted ten turtles enjoying the heat on their log.  Two white birds (gulls?) chased each other around the sky.  A buzzard soared and circled.  

A song sparrow and a white throated sparrow and a cardinal hunted in the grass on the hillside below my window.  The pileated climbed trees.  I saw lots of the birds in the trees but most of the time twigs in the way messed up the camera focus.  


No comments:

Post a Comment