Since 1/1/11 I have been describing what I see in the back yard. I occasionally digress.
Tuesday, July 28, 2026
Cloudy
I planted the seed from the daylily pod before swimming. The water was full of beetles and frogs. I lost count of the beetles but there were three frogs, one dead, one that was none too lively, and one that seemed OK. Of course there was a mosquito. Back on terra firma I found the Argiope doing well, bees and wasps enjoying the mountain mint and milkweed. A fiery skipper preferred the mountain mint even though it would have been camouflaged on the milkweed. Then I noticed a common whitetail dragonfly on the top of the retaining wall. A little later, a skimmer claimed the garden stake. A skink crept out of the vegetation over by the hummer feeder. Chickadees came for seeds despite my presence, but other birds stayed away.In the front yard, a rainlily popped up at the end of the dry creek bed. And a second crop of fairy ring mushrooms appeared like mourners around the spot where the oak died from emerald ash borers. We got a tornado warning after dark but we didn't get any high winds here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment