Since 1/1/11 I have been describing what I see in the back yard. I occasionally digress.
Thursday, July 30, 2026
Pleasant
Sunshine was reflected by the quiet creek. K put peanuts for the crow but two squirrels squabbled over them till they were all gone. Titmice came early for seeds. Then, at lunch, a mockingbird was determined to get barkbutter balls, even while K was outside at the grill. A bumblebee staggered across the patio - too much mountain mint? I saw hummers at the feeder several times throughout the day. Also, a monarch and a tiger swallowtail flitted past but only the fiery skippers posed. In the afternoon, fluffy cumulus blew past from the WNW. A skink lay on the step wall mostly in the shade. I discovered that the Argiope was not missing. It had simply moved to the other side of its web. A hummer guarded the feeder from an old hibiscus stalk. A robber fly and a lacewing did not revive after I fished them out of the water. I twice caught a frog but I think it was the same frog.
Labels:
bumblebee,
butterfly,
frog,
hummingbird,
lacewing,
mockingbird,
robber fly,
skink,
spider,
squirrels,
tufted titmice
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment