Since 1/1/11 I have been describing what I see in the back yard. I occasionally digress.
Thursday, July 2, 2026
Pine warbler
There were two hibiscus blossoms today. A pine warbler came to breakfast. Then we had a brief shower. On my way to swim, I saw a tiny green bee on the mountain mint but, alas, didn't go back for the camera. There were many scarab beetles and a few spiders in the water. Afterward, the bee was gone and I only saw a thread-waisted wasp on the mountain mint. The Argiope had graduated to a zigzag web. At lunch I tried to feed a squirrel peanuts but a crow got there first. K put more out and the crow brought its offspring! Seeing a bird that big begging was really funny. And the fledgling knew how to feed itself, it just wanted mama to do it. A mockingbird flew up into the wild cherry tree.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment