Thursday, July 7, 2011

Dare I say sparkling?

Bright sun on the rain-washed leaves. The geese came up the hill only to encounter me and hustle right back down. I was reading the paper and noticed what looked like a piece of PVC pipe behind a bush - it was the lead goose's neck. The goslings are fully fledged with adult plumage but are still smaller.

The young rabbit passed through early. Mushrooms are fruiting in response to the rain then withering in the sun. After viewing a considerable number of Google images, I think they look like Parasola auricoma.

A buckeye butterfly appears to be nectaring on the rosemary.

I shouldn't have dared: thunder rumbled through the late afternoon and then rain came. The cloud was so directly overhead that from the north-facing windows all I could see was blue sky. I saw the juvie rabbit again as it scampered away from the storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment