Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Typical July day

The rabbit was waiting on the patio, and then a dozen geese came to check out the pool, but scuttled off when I objected. I could not tell this year's fledglings from their parents any more. It is hot already, and sticky, though it did not rain last night.

At lunch, a hummingbird tried to get nectar from the sunflowers. Again it was too fast, but it left an impression of brown rather than green. The same bird, or something came back around 6pm to check the roses. Curiously, I do not hear any cicadas, just some wrens buzzing.

There have been lots of jays, cardinals and robins about, but the feeder refill has not yet been noticed. The rabbit seems to like to munch on the lawn below the bedroom in the evening. Finally I got a photo of the LBJ that shows up in the evening - I think it may be a song sparrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment