Sunday, April 8, 2012

An Easter junco!

Cardinals, finches, chickadees and a white throat competed with the squirrels. The creek is still under a clear sky. And every photo came out fuzzy. Sigh. Last year my final junco sighting was April 8 also. But I haven't seen any since March 18 this year.

It has been a very bright and pleasant day. I filled the birdbath and a squirrel drank most of it. A black swallowtail visited the rue. I've seen at least one caterpillar on it. Lots of dragonflies and damselflies and crane flies as well as the usual pollinators.

Here's and Easter colored portrait of three bachelor mallards. From the dock, I watched them and egrets, osprey, geese, and buzzards. The buzzards were circling over the creek and one got too close to the water tower that the crows claim as their own. A crow chased that buzzard down the creek while the other two ignored it.

No comments:

Post a Comment