Friday, April 20, 2012

Mist in the morning

Mist rose quickly around 7am then dissipated as quickly.  Slug tracks left mysterious messages on the pool cover.  Tiny spiderwebs in the grass caught the mist and became visible.  Birdsong was everywhere, but all that were visible were a sparrow, a jay, and a towhee.

But I am not happy to be confronted with a new Blogger interface.  I wish Google would quit gobbling every other service.

Cardinals showed up with the sun.  Butterflies are out.  There's an orange one I'm not sure of and a palamedes swallowtail.  It's a month early for this northern end of its range.  What I don't see are dragonflies.  The sky is a very crisp blue and the planes are not leaving contrails.  The occasional soft-edged cumulus floats by on the breeze. 

I have a new hummingbird feeder.  We shall see if it is squirrel proof.

No comments:

Post a Comment