Monday, April 16, 2012

Unwelcome visitors

Dawn revealed that something stole the hummingbird feeder. Finally, we saw it about fifty feet away. It's the red bit in the background of the photo.

Then a pair of geese came to the door. When I went outside to shoo them, they moved off with great dignity and plodded across the pool cover. One continued down to the creek but the other very deliberately began eating my flowers. I tried making goose noises which it didn't like but didn't care enough to leave. I had to resort to shaking a pole at it. Then it took off flying and honking like the wolves had come down from the mountains.

At lunch, dragonflies banged on the windows. an osprey circled. And a skink came out to visit the birdbath. I think it is smaller than the one I saw the other day. At any rate, it is a welcome visitor!

The hummingbird feeder is gnawed to ruin. Regular bottles don't fit the other base I have, so I guess I'll shop for a new one. The geese came back but I threatened them with my camera. It is very warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment