Sunday, June 10, 2012

Hot sun

Fresh food has drawn everyone back - doves and squirrels, cardinals, finches titmice, and chickadees.  I also saw a brown thrasher in the mulch.  When I refilled the hummingbird feeder, I discovered that a spider has taken up residence in one of the hollow tubes that provide support for the dish.  I hope it catches many bugs there!  This morning at least four mallard drakes were determined to swim in the pool.  One even tried the birdbath.  The blue jay is staying in the shade.

I got some nice photos of  the wrens that took over the birdhouse.  A very pregnant squirrel scared off a curious juvenile squirrel.  The youngster then climbed up to the seed feeder, jumped on, and the swinging feeder scared it so much that it peed all over the roof.  The hummer is happy. 

Down in the creek, I saw a jellyfish.  An amberwing was being annoyed by a red damselfly.  A dragonfly with spotted wings flew across the creek but never came back. Looking back at the house, I saw a pair of bluebirds.  They flew off across the creek.  Two little green herons prospected along the bulkhead, then one chased the other and both flew off. Something fairly large swam purposefully toward the dock, apparently saw me, and circled around, but never came up for air.

No comments:

Post a Comment