Friday, June 1, 2012

Nesting or just playing

The wrens are giving the birdhouse a thorough going over.  Unfortunately, I cannot persuade my camera to focus on the house - the feeder keeps intruding.  Some brown-headed cowbirds showed up this morning but didn't stay long.  A dove was also in evidence.  The usual suspects hit the feeder.  A finch pair ejected a single male.

At lunch, a tiger swallowtail and a skink without a tail.  The wrens continue to work on the birdhouse. Sitting outside, I was able to persuade the camera to focus.  The wrens are definitely moving the furniture in.  Another finch kept possession of the feeder despite a cardinal.  I heard a woodpecker calling. 

By late afternoon, heavy clouds were rolling up from the South with a spatter of rain and high wind gusts.  I hope the wind does not discourage the wrens - it is tossing the birdhouse around.

No comments:

Post a Comment