Monday, April 14, 2014

Bird noises

From the hospital window, which faced East, I could see lots of crows as they settled in for the night, but not much else.  I think the crows are related to the huge flock that hangs around the 64/264 Interchange.

Now I'm in a first floor room with a window on a courtyard.  I've had it open since I arrived yesterday, listening to the sounds.  Last night something screeched after dark.  Twice in the night I heard trains - next best sound to those of life.  This morning has been full of twitterings.  I could identify robins and a goose.  But others sound quite tropical. They started when it was still quite dark.

The weather has apparently been pleasant all this time while I've been shut away from it.  The birds became loud again at dusk, though they were never silent.  Well after dark and until around 11pm I heard a high-pitched two-note cry that sounded like a raptor. 


No comments:

Post a Comment