Saturday, April 5, 2014

Money plant blooming

 In 2012 it bloomed in late March, but given the winter we've had, I was surprised to see the flowers when I got up.  The sun is bright and there are some small puffy clouds.  I wonder if we've had the last frost - nothing below the 40s is predicted for the next week. 

Titmice came early, then sparrows and the regulars.  This titmouse is hammering its seed on the blossoming dogwood.  Two squirrels have been carrying on about who gets to forage under the feeder.  One leaped over the other like a circus act. 

Around 9am it suddenly clouded over or about 10 minutes.  I got worried for nothing - the sun came right back. It is warm, except when a cloud cuts off the sunlight and the wind picks up.  Bumblebees are out hunting flowers.  The poor sad rosemary has nothing for them.  I believe I heard a kingfisher. 

An osprey circled over us at lunch.

The regulars and the sparrows were back at supper, with warblers darting out of the trees after bugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment