Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Rain

It's hot and humid but the temperature is supposed to drop tonight as the wind swings around to the NW.  It rained hard mid-morning, but nothing much since.  I've seen a few bird shadows but haven't heard any singing because the window is closed.

K took me out on the patio in the late afternoon after things had dried out a bit.  The clouds were moving fast.  I saw a robin, a mockingbird, and a gull.  The gull looked slender but didn't sound like a laughing gull.  I heard an osprey calling.  The mockingbird sang beautifully.  I'll have to ask K to bring the camera the next time.  I forgot to mention, some really big bumblebees were working on the pungent flowers in the landscaping shrubbery.

Last night was supposed to be a lunar eclipse but the cloud cover prevented local viewing.  Tonight will be dark too, I expect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment