Friday, April 25, 2014

Dramatic clouds

The sky has threatened storm all day but only a little rain has fallen and it is now near sunset.  I didn't get outside yesterday so I made sure to go out today.  This morning I checked on the dove nest.  I believe the nestling has fledged.  I heard the doves but didn't see them. Later, I went out to a different courtyard with the therapist and we saw two blackbirds mobbing a crow.  The sidewalk there gives proof the birds spend a lot of time in the big tree there.  I think it's a live oak - the new leaves look willow-shaped but the tree's shape says oak to me. 

After therapy, I wheeled myself into the courtyard outside my window.  I saw robins and grackles, bees and wasps, but I heard much more, including something that rattled like a kingfisher, but more musical.  The sun was playing tag with dark clouds but the air was warm enough to compensate for the breeze.  Around 6pm there were a few spats or rain.  We're under a tornado watch and the radar looks ugly Southwest of us. Thunder has been crackling in the background for a half hour.  Another hour and the rain has become steady. 

Unfortunately, because all my excursions were before, during, and after therapy, I didn't have my camera along. 

No comments:

Post a Comment