Monday, April 27, 2015

Beautiful morning

A white throat was already foraging.  The hummer and a male cardinal came soon after.  Then nothing.  The creek mirrored the varied greens of grass and leaves, but soon enough its surface wrinkled.

When I returned, the sun warmed me enough to sit outside, though wind gusts were chilly.  A tiger swallowtail and a black swallowtail, bees and a bee fly all enjoyed the sun with me.  I found a caterpillar no bigger than this: !  on the rue.  Swifts danced in the blue sky.  All sorts of birds were singing, but I couldn't locate them now that the leaves were out.  A pair of goldfinches courted on the feeder.  Skinks were out on the patio as well.

Clouds thickened in the afternoon.  Toward evening, the Western horizon was golden with shafts of sunlight piercing the clouds.


No comments:

Post a Comment