Thursday, April 23, 2015

Passing clouds

House finches and cardinals came for seeds.  A squirrel gobbled up the mealworms.  I hung the hummer feeder up on the post to replace the suet cage till next fall.  What I now need is a way to hang a dish with mealworms where I had the hummer feeder before,

I was away most of the day.  At least I bought a bird house.  I've some qualms whether it is functional and it will have to be a one season house as it does not open.  But it was half the price of the plastic ones I've been using that aren't available any more.  I also got something that may work out as a mealworm feeder, if I'm clever.  Of course, as soon as I hung the bird house it twisted around back-to-front. 

A cardinal may have been eating cherry buds.  It certainly found something to like in the choke cherry.   The wind today kept the day from ever feeling quite warm. 


No comments:

Post a Comment