Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Blue sky

Sunrise was lovely with creamy clouds lit from below on a vividly blue background.  Each tree was a different shade of green.  The suet was down to a nubbin and a male downy was hard at work on it.  .  I wonder if I will see the woodpeckers or the starlings when it is gone. 

I left mid morning and saw laughing gulls at the intersection, perched on Hardee's light poles.  An osprey was hovering over the lake off Greenwich Road but I did not see the eagles that are holding up construction on the old Kemps Landing school building.  After the book club, I went on down to the post office at Indian River and then followed Indian River over to the Municipal Center.  I saw the entrance to Stumpy Lake Natural Area but the line of cars behind me made it impossible to slow down.  It was amazingly swampy along the sides of the road.  I will have to come back.

When I got home the wind was gusty and there was no wildlife in sight. Then I had to go out again.  I finally headed home as twilight was fading to black and a sickle moon descended in tandem with Venus.


No comments:

Post a Comment